To make your home appeal to more buyers, consider creating an outdoor living room. Why? One thing home buyers like is ample living space, both inside and out. And since Napa Valley has a year-round moderate climate, an outdoor living room is something you can use the majority of the year.
Realize, though, that creating an outdoor living room involves more than just setting up some patio furniture. Here are some tips to make an idyllic Napa Valley outdoor space that will “wow” potential buyers.
To Make a Great Outdoor Living Room…
- Start with the foundation – Your outdoor living room should have a defined area. If you have a patio, deck, porch, or even gazebo, your flooring is already done. If not and you don’t want to build or install one, consider defining the space with concrete pavers, stone, or gravel.
- Make it shady – No one wants to sit in the blazing sun. So if you don’t have natural shade from trees, install an awning, retractable shade, or use a large patio umbrella.
- Furnish it tastefully – Your outdoor furniture should be comfortable and weather resistant. Seating and tables are the key essentials. As your budget allows, you can add a grill, outdoor sink and refrigerator, a bar, and a fire pit.
- Decorations go a long way – Make the area interesting with plants and trees, statues, outdoor art pieces, and water features. Stick with one theme or color palette, just as you would with an indoor area.
- Light it up – In order to enjoy your space after the sun goes down, install some lighting fixtures. These can be permanent outdoor lights, or you can use tiki torches, candles, or battery powered lights.
- Add some privacy – Finally, in order for everyone to feel comfortable and not like they are on display to the entire neighborhood, take some privacy measures. A fence, a hedge, or even a trellis with vines can give you the privacy you need to enjoy your space in peace.
Creating an outdoor living room is a great way to make your home stand out to potential buyers. With a little time and creativity, your outdoor space can highlight all that’s beautiful in Napa Valley.
Are you ready to sell your Napa Valley home? Or is it time to buy a new home? We can help. Check out our Facebook page for many more real estate tips and information. Have a question you need answered right now? Contact us today!