If you’re selling your home, you likely know how important home staging is. But just as you stage the interior of your home, you also need to stage the exterior. That’s called curb appeal, and it’s vital to ensuring that you get top dollar when selling your home.
Why is curb appeal so important? Think about it. The exterior of your home is the first and last thing potential buyers will see. No matter how beautiful your home’s interior is, the exterior will be the last picture they have in their mind. That’s why you need to pay attention to your home’s curb appeal.
While you may not be able to do big ticket items, like repaint your house or put on a new roof, there are many small things you can do that make a big impact.
Easy Curb Appeal Ideas
1. Clear the clutter. If your front porch is overcrowded with potted plants and furniture, thin it out. Show off the space with a simple seating area and one or two plants. The same goes for your front yard. Remove lawn décor, kids’ toys, and anything else that detracts from the house itself.
2. Add some color. Bright colors attract the eye. So plant some colorful flowers around the mailbox or near the entry. If you don’t have a green thumb, consider painting the front door a vibrant red, blue, or other color that compliments your house.
3. Power wash the walkway. Give the path leading to your home a bath. This will make your home feel inviting and clean.
4. Change out the front door hardware and exterior lighting. Your front door (and the area immediately around it) is the focal point of your home’s exterior. If your door hardware and lighting are outdated, worn, or rusted, change them out with new, modern finishes. This will instantly update the exterior of your home.
5. Trim hedges, bushes, trees, and vines. Hedges and bushes that are too tall, or trees with overgrown and hanging limbs, can hide the beauty of your home and block natural light from getting in. Trim all the exterior foliage so it frames your home rather than overpowers it.
When you devote a little time and effort toward maximizing your home’s curb appeal, you can sell your home for the highest price possible. Remember, you can find many great tips for home buyers on our Facebook page. If you’re thinking about buying a home, we can help! Contact us today!