Having a master bedroom retreat is a key selling point for any home. When buyers tour your home, you want them to see your home as a relaxing oasis, free from the stresses of daily life. No room can help convey that feeling like the master bedroom can. That’s why staging a relaxing master bedroom retreat is so important.
Here are five ways to help stage a master bedroom retreat that will delight buyers.
1. Paint the walls a soft, neutral color. By simply changing the wall color you can change the entire feel of a room. To create that master bedroom retreat feel, choose light and airy colors like soft whites, beiges, soft grays, pale blues, and muted greens. A satin finish is easy-care and also picks up natural light.
2. If you have a view, show it off. Heavy drapes can make a room feel dark and uninviting. Instead, opt for light sheers that let in light. And if you have a nice view from the master, keep the windows clean and unobstructed so buyers can enjoy the scenery.
3. Create a sitting area. If space is limited, you can add a comfortable chair and small side table to create a cozy spot for reading or drinking the morning coffee. If you have a spacious master bedroom, consider adding a second chair or even a loveseat to make a conversation area.
4. Remove clutter. Don’t fill every wall and surface. Give the eyes a chance to rest. Think of what a posh hotel room looks like. The décor is elegant yet simple. Too much clutter can evoke a stressful or chaotic feel.
5. Create the illusion of a luxurious bed by utilizing pillows. While potential buyers shouldn’t be lying in your bed, you want them to think the bed is inviting and soft so the room feels comfortable. In addition to your usual bed pillows, add at least three to five decorative throw pillows to the bed so it looks plush, cozy, and relaxing.
Make Your Home Stand Out
Creating a master bedroom retreat is a key way to make your home stand out to potential buyers. With a little time and creativity, your master bedroom can remind buyers of a high-end hotel room—one that they fall in love with and can’t wait to call their own.
Are you ready to sell your Napa Valley home? Or is it time to buy a new home? We can help. Check out our Facebook page for many more real estate tips and information. Have a question you need answered right now? Contact us today!