I’ve lived in the Napa Valley area since 1987. In all that time I’ve visited many beautiful and unique parts of the United States, yet I’ve never wanted to call any place other than Napa Valley my home.
When people visit this part of Northern California it’s common for them to entertain the idea of living here. While only you can decide if a particular city fits your lifestyle, here are what I consider the top 5 reasons to make Napa Valley your home.
1. A glorious landscape. Because of Napa’s proximity to the Pacific Ocean and Sierra Nevada mountains, it has many diverse micro-climates and some of the most diverse soils found on earth. The result: Mother Nature has everything she needs to produce an abundance of flora and fauna.
2. Wine! Thanks to the fertile soil in the area, there are what seem like “a gazillion” wineries for tasting and bottle purchases. No matter what type of wine you prefer, you’re sure to find it here.
3. A foodie’s paradise. Did you know that Napa Valley is a premier foodie destination? Every month you’ll find new flavors and well-known chefs making unique creations. From family friendly options to fine dining, you’ll find something to tickle your palette here.
4. Numerous recreation options. Do you like hiking? Biking? Spa days? Art galleries? Shopping? Whatever you’re into, you’re bound to find it here. And because of the temperate, Mediterranean like climate, you can often enjoy your favorite activities year-round.
5. Close to major cities. Napa county itself is fairly small, with approximately 140,000 residents. So it definitely has small town feel. But if you love the big city life, yet don’t want to actually live in a big city, Napa Valley may be perfect. You’re only an hour or so away from places like San Francisco, Santa Rosa, and Sacramento.
Napa Valley is like no place else on earth. I invite you to explore the area and experience everything it has to offer. Then, whether you’re considering moving to the Napa Valley, or are a long-time resident like myself and just looking for a new home, we can help you make the best decision for you and your family. Contact us today!